skip to main |
skip to sidebar
5 + 5 = 14
It is a proven fact that a synergistic effect takes place when a group of individuals work together towards a common goal. According to Wikipedia Synergy is defined as "the effect of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts". Applying this to a group fitness class each individual participant reaps a greater individual reward when they work with others towards a common goal - improved Health.
Participants surveyed in a CORE FIT class were asked what specifically benefited them by attending a group fitness class:
- When I feel accountable to others I make sure I never miss a class
- If I feel like I cannot do a certain exercise and I see others do it I get the confidence to try
- I feel a bit of peer pressure to complete each exercise
- I like the support of others in the class
Although working out in a group is not for everyone the advantages are clear and the rewards are great. Many people immediately think that a group class is only for women and is similar to step aerobics or some type of dance. When CORE FIT was developed one of the goals was to eliminate that stigma and show people that they can get a great strength workout in a group setting as well.
To become involved in a group fitness class check with your local gym for classes or start your own. If you do not know what to do email gselfitness@gmail.com and we will help you get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment